Getting ISO 45001 Certified in Salt Lake City, Utah (UT)
ISO 45001 was published in 2018 and a transition period of 3 years given for any organizations that need to move from the other similar systems. The transition period is expected to end in March 2021. This is a global standard for creating an occupational health and safety management system.
Since this is the World’s first occupational health and safety international standard, not so many organizations have fully implemented it. Some are still not ready for implementation as we speak today.
Why do you need to certify your organization before the deadline?
Most of the organizations are migrating from OHSAS to now the OHSMS. This also comes with its very many disadvantages and challenges that need to be properly addressed. OHSAS is what has been standardized into ISO 45001 to address the concerns of occupational health and safety of the employees. Waiting until or near the deadline time may not work for so many organizations as you will not be in a better position to rectify any nonconformities that may still be present. Doing everything early enough is the best choice so that you get to improve the system and deal with all the nonconformities.
How to implement ISO 45001?
Before seeking certification, you have to first implement it and test it out for not less than 3 months. The following are the recommended steps that you need to take for successful implementation of ISO 45001:
- Get your copy of ISO 45001
- Identify all the gaps that exist between your current occupational health and safety management system and that recommended by this new standard.
- Devise a plan that your organization will follow to implement ISO 45001.
- Understand and prepare all the documents that will be audited during the certification process.
- Train your staff on the new management system so that they all become aware and the role that they have to play in ensuring its success.
- Continually improve your occupational and safety management system and evaluate it to see that it meets the set goals.
- Apply for certification with your trusted organization.
On the Certification Day
This is the day that you have been waiting for. It is the day when you will know how much you have been working. It is the reward day where the time that you invested in the implementation of ISO 45001 will be appreciated with a great reward. You should have nothing to worry about if you have been doing everything according to the requirements. Your organization will simply pass for certification in the past round.
Professionals at ISO Pros are accredited and certified to offer ISO 45001 implementation and certification services in Salt Lake City, Utah. If your business is in this state or any other neighboring states, then you can apply for implementation and certification with us. We will come to your organization and carry out all the procedures of implementation and certification. Auditing will be done on all the processes and documents for conformity.